Monday, June 11, 2012

Identify Low Quality Links


Poor back linking issues is major concern these days. If any website is not doing well then first thing come up in mind is “Does Google penalize my website?”, “Is that a poor baclinks issue which prohibit my website from ranking higher in SERP?”

For one of my client, beside great SEO & fresh content, website was not doing well. So I thought of checking backlinks.
Here is my step by step search procedure:
1. I gathered all backilnks for client’s website using tool “open site explorer”.
2. Then gathered all data in excel.
3. Sorted out websites with low DA (domain authority), any special signs like (????, Â ) in title tag or anchor text, any irrelevant anchor texts.
4. Grouped them in separate excel.
5. Checked in Google search with search term “Domain name”, if website does not come up in first few results then that website is either penalized or on the way to get penalize as per my reading. Gathered all penalized websites.
6. Forward that to my link building team to remove those penalized websites.

Try to remove these websites if easily possible & try not to use them for further submissions.
It’s always good to build quality link instead of trying to remove bad links, but we can give this small try to easily removable links.

I also checked baclinks with Netpeak. I was able to find websites having same IP address with “subnet” option from Netpeak tool. I heard that if option “Google index” from Netpeak is n/f, that means the website is deindexed from Google but somehow it was showing me n/f for twitter also L(I do not know if anything was wrong on my side).

 Anyways, considering quality is important than quantity in current scenario, here are some conclusions:
-When pick up websites from complete list first check IP address & remove the website with same IP addresses.
-Submit link to particular website one time only.
-Websites with low DA should be checked in Google with domain name only e.g. “abc” for “abc.com” and if abc.com does not come up in first few results, then avoid that website.

No comments:

Post a Comment